Ultra Ambitions

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I noticed after my 10 mile run this weekend that my lower back was really sore. It was definatley muscular, because the rest of the weekend certain ways I would turn would cause my back to spasm. If had this issue before, but usually running and walking seem to help.

A few years ago I went to a chiropracter and found out my one leg is slightly shorter than the other, and that when your younger you body is stronger and can deal with it better. As you get older the muscles start giving up on correcting this. So I need to work on some core strength exersizes.

At work we have an exersize room with a treadmill a few weight machines, stair climer ect. So yesterday I decide im going to do the rowing machine. I had used these quite a bit back in college, but not ever since then. Man that thing kicked my butt, I could only do about 20 minutes.

Im going to start doing that on monday-wednesday-friday and running tuesday-thurday and saturday. As it gets closer to the marathon the running days will increase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home